- Write a postcard from the country
- Write a story located in the country
- Acrostic poem of the country
- Make a leaflet for the tourist board, e.g. ’Come and visit…’
- Fact file about the country (e.g. national dish/dress, flag, capital city etc.)
- Population figures - make a table comparing with other countries – which has the most / least population?
- Weather graph of temperatures throughout the year / rainfall / humidity etc.
- Highest mountain / longest river / oldest building
- Timeline – ordering the history of the country
- Counting in the national language
- Plan a trip to the country – flight costs / accommodation costs / attraction tickets
- Currency – compare costs of popular items, e.g. bread, milk, chocolate
- Features of the country – names of rivers / mountains etc.
- Flags – draw the flag. Design a new flag
- Landmarks – design a poster to encourage visitors
- Capital cities – compare with Cardiff / London
- Industry – what does the country produce / export?
- Famous citizens, e.g. popstars, film stars, politicians
- Sporting achievements – Olympics, world record holders
- Inventions – famous inventions from the country
- National costume – draw the costume, design a new costume for the 21st century
- National Newspapers – what is the name of the Newspaper? Write an article about an event in history
Science and Technology
- Famous inventors fact file
- Research native species, e.g. plants & animals
- Habitats – adaptions for the country’s weather
Religious Education and World Views
- Local religions
- Celebrations in the country
- Places of worship – where do people go?
- Religious stories
- What are the main news headlines in the country right now?
- Draw / make build a landmark
- Collage the national emblem / design a new emblem
- Find out about artists from that country
- Make art in the style of (above)
- Research folk music/composers
- Famous musicians – play along with a well-known song using body percussion
- Who is the current number 1 in the charts / download charts / streaming
- What was number 1 in the country’s chart when you were born
- Instruments used in the National Anthem
- Write a song about the country
- Who is the Prime Minister? / Do they have a Prime Minister?
- Where is the government based – do they have a government building?
- How many members of parliament does the country have?
- What are the names of the political parties?
Challenge: Create and perform a song to encourage children to wash their hands. Upload your performance to the school Twitter page to receive 5 Dojo points. There will be 5 extra Dojo points for those who get their families involved in the performance!