Bake along with Mrs Badat and make
some brilliant biscuits!
Chocolate chip shortbread recipe
mixing bowl 300g plain flour
weighing scales 200g cold, salted butter
rolling pin 1 large egg yolk
baking tray 100g caster sugar plus extra to sprinkle
greaseproof paper 100g milk chocolate chips
1. First preheat the oven to and Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Next you will need to sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the butter. Rub the butter between your fingers until the mixture looks like crumbs.
3. Then stir through the egg yolk, sugar and chocolate chips and squish everything together in the bowl to create a dough.
4. After that roll out the dough in between two sheets of parchment paper until it is about 1cm thick. Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and cut using any cutter you have.
5. Then carefully put the cut out rounds on to your baking sheets and sprinkle each one with a little sugar. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until lightly golden brown.
6. Finally, remove from the oven and even though you want to eat them straight away, allow to cool for 10 minutes!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and will join me next time for a different bake.
Remember to send us your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org